Tuesday, January 1, 2013

If you could change one thing in the world right now, what would you alter?

This is a doozy. 2012 might not have been our last year on earth but the nation as we know it has spiraled downward quite a bit this year. Between natural disasters, fiscal cliffs, and gun wielding psychos America alone has been given plenty to think about. For the world, though, I could just say "World Peace" add a picture of a dove and call it good. That sort of seems like cheating though, doesn't it?

I realize the tremendous amount of irony in this next statement considering that I'm typing this on a small genius box and relaying it across the globe via metal discs in space. However, I would like to change how much we have advanced. I would like for the entire world to be set back a couple hundred years. This world has always had problems and always will, but I firmly believe that the world having access to each other's problems is ruining us as a species. We have advanced too far, too fast. Our demise is getting closer because of it.

Of course, if I woke up tomorrow without a phone, laptop, or TV I would be hating my life. I'm not saying it would be fun and certainly not easy, but if we had to work harder for the things we have we would appreciate them more. People were better balanced back then. And, unfortunately, there is NOTHING that could bring us back to a respectable, honest, good nation like taking away our toys and technological advances.

No comments:

Post a Comment